STRC INFORMATION SHEET
PER SUPERIOR COURT OF MARICOPA COUNTY ADMINISTRATIVE
ORDER 2020-48 , NO IN-PERSON HEARINGS WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE
COURTHOUSE THROUGH 4/17/20 EXCEPT ORDERS OF PROTECTION,
INJUNCTION AGAINST HARRASSMENT AND IMMEDIATE EVICTION
ALL FILLINGS MUST BE SENT BY US MAIL, ANY DOCUMENTS WITH
RUNNERS SHEETS WILL BE MAILED TO THE RUNNER BY US MAIL.
PLEASE CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE COURT AT THE FOLLOWING
EMAIL ADDRESS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
SAN TAN JUSTICE COURT:
SAN MARCOS JUSTICE COURT:
UNIVERSITY LAKES JUSTICE COURT:
KYRENE JUSTICE COURT:
JUDICIAL BRANCH SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Administrative Orders in Effect:
1. Supreme Court AO 2020-48: Limitation of Court Ops During a Public Health Emergency–18 Mar 20.
2. Superior Court AO 2020-038: Limitation of Justice Court Ops During a Public Health Emergency-19 Mar 20.
3. Superior Court AO 2020-048: Restricting Physical Access to Court Facilities Used by Justice
Courts Due to a Public Health Emergency–26 Mar 20.
Due to concerns with the spread of COVID-19, from March 31St – April 17th most of the Maricopa County Justice
Court (JC), in-person hearings will be rescheduled. Litigants should be calling/emailing their Court before they
attempting to enter the building to determine if their case is rescheduled or can be addressed telephonically.
Individuals may enter the MCJC Facility if they are:
a. a protective order (Order of Protection, Injunction Against Harassment/Workplace Harassment)
b. an emergency motion or for an emergency proceeding
c. a document that they were unable to place in the drop box (if available) or email/fax/mail
(most facilities have drop boxes, please encourage litigants to use them where available)
d. an eviction action
e. a request for hearing re a garnishment proceeding
f. for a change of release conditions or other in-custody requests
g. (if a dropbox is not available at the facility) for judgment against garnishee or order of continuing lien
2. Here for an arraignment on a criminal citation or a civil traffic matter and
a. They want to plead guilty/responsible today (not guilty/responsible pleas may be done by mail)
b. They want to plead not guilty/responsible but are unable to do so by mail
3. Here to submit a payment and they were unable to make the payment online or by telephone
4. (if marriage licenses are issued at facility) a couple seeking issuance of a marriage license
from justice court
6. Attending an in-person hearing that is going forward and they are:
a. a party (plaintiff/defendant/petitioner/respondent)
b. a victim
c. a lawyer assigned to the case
d. a witness in the case
e. the Judge gave them permission to attend in-person
f. any minor (17 or younger) required for the in-person hearing may be accompanied by a
parent or guardian
These individuals may also enter the courthouse:
1. an employee of the Judicial Branch, including the Justice Courts, Clerk of Court, or County
housed in the building
2. a Law Enforcement Officer
3. a person picking up a signed/issued order, such as a summons or writ
4. an official delivery service (U.S. postal employee, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.)
5. a courier delivering documents that cannot be placed in a drop box (if one is available at facility)
Not allowed in the MCJC facility:
1. Any person not on the above list
2. Wedding parties [Except: 1 person ONLY may temporarily enter to check in with the Justice of the Peace]
3. Symptom Signage: Any person diagnosed with COVID-19, has exposure to COVID-19, or has symptoms
of COVID-19. These individuals must contact the assigned MCJC justice court via telephone, fax, or email to
arrange to appear telephonically, have their appearance waived, or have the proceeding reset.
A list of phone numbers and email addresses will be provided with this information. Encourage the litigant to
take a photo of the contact information and have them contact their Court. If they are unable to take a photo,
write the telephone number down on the provided paper and have them call their court.
Any questions, feel free to ask information at the Court facility, a JBSD Sergeant, or a JBSD Captain
Please ensure that the patrons stay outside of the recommended 6 feet.
***For food deliveries, please have them contact the employee and the employee may pick up their food
outside the Court***